App of the Week: Circle Affinity

Sophomore+Robbie+Warhola+tries+to+figure+out+the+basics+of+Circle+Affinity+

Liam Connally

Sophomore Robbie Warhola tries to figure out the basics of Circle Affinity

Liam Connally, Online Writer

This week’s app of the week is Circle Affinity. Circle Affinity, by developer Kenny Sun, is a platforming game that’s not much like other games you’ll find on the app store.

In Circle Affinity, you play as a small pixelated man who can run and jump. You can run right or left but you’re always going in a circle, the objective is to hit a part of the circle downwards and then you’ll be sent into that circle where you do more of the same. The longer you play the more challenging it becomes with small enemies showing up that you must avoid while a timer shows up to add to the stress and suspense.

This app follows suit in most apps where you’re only doing this to get the highest score, every time you get a circle your score goes up by one. My current high score is only four, so I’m not as skilled yet but it is a fun challenge.

The game plays well but can be confusing at first and slightly disorienting because all you do is run in a circle, the color scheme and graphics are very simple which adds to the feeling of not really knowing what’s going on. It’s a very fun game and is immediately addicting as you try to beat your high score over and over again, and if you’re like me you will be constantly failing over and over again but it never stops being enjoyable.

I highly recommend Circle Affinity to anyone who enjoys platformers or a slight challenge, or anyone who just likes free apps. Be sure to check it out if you have any free time and are looking for a great new app.