In the new online PSAT and SATs, the time to complete the tests have been shortened, but both previously separate math sections are now combined and a built-in calculator is always available.
Students and staff prepare for College Board changes
Alec Morse, Dispatch Reporter • February 22, 2024

Testing is a vital part of education and is used to show that you understand the subject. Test scores are also used by colleges to choose who they accept. Because of this, streamlining the testing process...

SOARING THROUGH THE SKY: A family enjoys their day out with their children at Cosmos Coffee. Even though Cosmic Coffee serves alcohol, this coffee shop is very family friendly for a perfect day.
Perfect Jitterbug Getaway at Cosmic Coffee
Fiona Padalino, Dispatch Reporter • February 21, 2024

Are you ever looking for that perfect shot of energy to help you throughout the day, but you just can’t find the right place? Well, I am here to help you quench that yearning for the perfect coffee drink....

The Dawgs take over the Jaguar Jungle

Nick Wood
Wasserburger’s pivotal deep midrange shot in the fourth quarter sending the Dawgs’ bench into a frenzy. It’s in those crucial moments that players like Wasserburger truly shine, leaving a lasting impression.

Dawgs Athletics took center stage this weekend, delivering noteworthy victories across the board. The basketball courts echoed with the resounding triumph of both the boys and girls teams, while the boys soccer squad left a mark with a convincing win.

In a nail-biting showdown, the boys basketball team emerged triumphant over Johnson, sealing the deal at 55-53. Seniors Bennett Seiler and Mason Wasserburger led the victory, with Wasserburger’s pivotal deep midrange shot in the fourth quarter sending the Dawgs’ bench into a frenzy. It’s in those crucial moments that players like Wasserburger truly shine, leaving a lasting impression.

“The whole bench went crazy when he made that,” shared senior Jaegar Kramer. “Mason makes his shot when it counts the most.” The anticipation builds as the Dawgs gear up for their next challenge against Akins, set to unfold on their home court this Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the Lady Dawgs showcased their prowess, extending their winning streak to an impressive six games. A standout performer, sophomore Grace Guzman, with her sharpshooting from beyond the arc, continues to elevate the team. As they hold onto the 2nd spot in districts with a 12-1 record, the playoffs beckon, just a game away from securing a coveted spot.

Boys soccer maintained their stellar form, blanking Johnson with a commanding 6-0 victory. Senior Griffin Crawley dominates the district with an impressive tally of 11 goals this season. Currently standing at 3-0 in their district, the Dawgs have earned a notable 7th spot in Texas and a commendable 49th nationally.

With sights set on a deep playoff run, the Dawgs are determined to rewrite the narrative of last year’s early exit. The stage is set, and as the Dawgs navigate the intricate dance of sportsmanship, they carry with them the quiet confidence of a team on the brink of something extraordinary.