Mental health awareness should be prioritized in all schools
Sally Martinez, J1 Reporter • April 22, 2024

Mental health takes a toll on students all over the world. It disrupts how they learn and retain that information. So, why is it not a big deal when schools see an increase in lower grades and moody students?...

Dull to colorful with new murals
Ryan Zuniga, Dispatch Reporter • April 19, 2024

Along the heavily populated hallway is the second mural within the fine arts wing. Over spring break a local graffiti group, Color Cartel, led and established by artist Andrew Horner, created the...

Bowie men’s soccer triumphs with convincing win against the Maroons

UP THE FIELD: Senior attacking midfielder Jake Cicarello, runs to the ball up the field. Cicarello secured his second hat trick of the season this game

Bowie men’s soccer extended their impressive win streak with a commanding 3-0 victory over Austin High last Wednesday. The Dawgs asserted dominance throughout the match, led by senior attacking midfielder Jake Cicarello, who secured his second hat trick of the season.

“Scoring three goals and dominating over Austin High once again felt great, especially considering they are one of our biggest rivals in district play,” Cicarello said.

Next on the agenda for the Dawgs is a highly anticipated rematch against Johnson this Tuesday, followed by a showdown with Akins this Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Lady Dawgs soccer team has been enjoying a string of victories, triumphing in four out of their last five matches against formidable opponents such as Lake Travis and Anderson, both leading contenders in the division. Senior Parker Ledford has proven invaluable as a teammate, guiding the younger players.

Speaking about the team’s recent accomplishments, Ledford emphasized, “The team has been very motivated by our recent successes. Everyone has been working really hard and we’re really bonding which is helping on the field. To keep the successes going we’re continue to work hard and keep energy on the field.”