Mental health awareness should be prioritized in all schools
Sally Martinez, J1 Reporter • April 22, 2024

Mental health takes a toll on students all over the world. It disrupts how they learn and retain that information. So, why is it not a big deal when schools see an increase in lower grades and moody students?...

Dull to colorful with new murals
Ryan Zuniga, Dispatch Reporter • April 19, 2024

Along the heavily populated hallway is the second mural within the fine arts wing. Over spring break a local graffiti group, Color Cartel, led and established by artist Andrew Horner, created the...

The dawgs dominate over Del Valle

Weekend Review
Ryan Zuniga
The Bowie basketball team set the tone with a resounding 82-48 triumph over Del Valle on senior night

Bulldog athletics enjoyed yet another stellar weekend, dominating Del Valle across all sports. The victories were emphatic blowouts, showcasing the Dawgs’ prowess.

The Bowie basketball team set the tone with a resounding 82-48 triumph over Del Valle on senior night. It was a big moment for the seniors as they stepped onto the court for their final game at the dog pound. Justin Tapp seized the opportunity, sinking a three-pointer in the defender’s face, marking his first triple of the year.

“There’s nobody more deserving of the three than J Tapp,” senior Mason Wasserburger said. “It felt like the perfect ending to senior night.” With this victory, the Dawgs cemented their playoff berth, likely clinching the fourth seed after wrapping up the regular season with a commendable 23-10 record.

Next up, the Dawgs face a formidable opponent in Stony Point for the first round, a team ranked 6th nationally and 2nd in the state.

Meanwhile, Bowie Soccer faced off against Lake Travis, securing a hard-fought 3-2 victory on Tuesday. Junior Garret Herb played a pivotal role, scoring a crucial goal early in the second half to propel the team to victory.

“Winning against LT (Lake Travis) was really important,” Herb said. “It was really special especially after clinching districts versus them last year.” Back at home on Friday, the Dawgs continued their winning streak, dominating Del Valle with a 4-2 triumph, elevating them to the number 1 spot in the state and 27th in the country according to MaxPreps.

“Being number one in the state is an amazing achievement,” Herb said. “As cool as it is though, we can’t let it get in our heads moving forward to a really important second half of the season.”

In girls’ soccer, the team also shone brightly, securing victories against Lake Travis and Del Valle. Junior Sam Rabb played a key role in both games, starting at left midfield. “The win against Lake Travis was really important because it gave us a big confidence boost,” Rabb said. “They were undefeated going into the game and the win allowed us to really gain momentum to help us beat Del Valle and go forward into round 2 of district play.”