Sammy Trott’s thoughts behind an album

Harrison Louis, Staff Writer

All around campus students have been jamming to a fire new track. Sophomore Sammy Trott III, also known as Lil $cotty, has been making waves around campus. On Oct. 18, he released his first single, “Ammo,” and on Oct. 25 he released a remix of “Chill Bill.”

Trott first started making music as a creative outlet to express himself and the positive reactions have kept him going.

“Travi$ Scott, Lil Uzi Vert, and myself, I see as inspiration and influences,” Trott said. “I try to be myself as much as possible when I am creating music.”

Trott’s friend, sophomore Adrian Hurtado agreed that he can hear other artists in the music, saying when he listened to Trott’s music he hears Lil Uzi Vert in the lyrics and Lil Yachty in the beats, but he definitely has his own unique style.

Hurtado has been friends with Trott since second grade and has supported him through his whole journey.

“I thought it was really cool when he first told me last year and I figured he’d stick with it,” Hurtado said.

With the number of other students releasing music around campus, it is remarkable that Trott is able to gain traction as an artist. While trying to remain humble, Trott said he doesn’t see any competition.

Trott’s journey hasn’t been all smooth sailing.

“I’ve gotten more love than hate, most people like it and some don’t. Everyone has an opinion,” Trott said. “Sometimes I doubt myself because of the hate, but for the most part I don’t care what people say at all.”

Hurtado has said he and other friends have stuck by Trott’s side to boost his confidence and keep him going

“First night I released ‘Ammo’, everyone hit me up. Gonna lose friends, gotta keep the circle small,” Trott said.

Aside from his friends, Trott has many other supporters in his life including his parents, who are passionate about his hobby. Trott’s father, Sammy Trott Jr., is using his connections to get Sammy on the stage of Emo’s.

When asked what he wants people to know about him outside of his music, Trott said his clothes and being creative. He encourages people to do what they want, no matter what it may be.

Displaying DSC_0173.JPG
Photo by Harrison Louis