Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Mazzy Warren, Editor-in-Chief • April 25, 2024

WORKING HARD: Former Bowie quarterback Evan Mallett works on a strengthening exercise to increase mobility. Mallett has been in occupational therapy since the 2020 crash that left him quadriplegic.
New beginnings: Mallett’s story
Ben Tillisch, Executive Editor: Sports • April 24, 2024

In a singular moment, the trajectory of Evan Mallett’s life changed. Despite taking and bouncing back from countless hits on the gridiron as a Bowie quarterback, this collision would prove to be much...

The swim and dive team participated in their first competition of the season

10/2 through 10/6 Weekend Sports Review
The swim and dive team participated in their first season competition on Thursday, October 5.
Austin Ikard
Hosted by Round Rock High School, the swim and dive team placed fifth out of the 14-team field that attended the MavWood Invitational.

The Lady ‘Dawgs continued district play at Lake Travis on Tuesday, October 3. The Lady ‘Dawgs were unable to use the momentum from the wins against Westlake and Austin High, as they fell in three straight sets: 25-13, 25-20, and 25-14.

As a result of the loss, the Lady ‘Dawgs fell to 4-7 in the district and 23-13 overall. With a bye week last Friday, the Lady ‘Dawgs look to rebound at Johnson this Tuesday. 

After dropping the homecoming game to Austin High, the ‘Dawgs had time to reset during their bye week. Currently fifth in the district, the ‘Dawgs have an important game against the Johnson Jaguars, who sit in fourth place, the last playoff spot, this Thursday. 

In other news, the swim and dive team participated in their first competition of the season on Thursday, October 5. Hosted by Round Rock High School, the swim and dive team placed fifth out of the 14-team field that attended the MavWood Invitational.