In the new online PSAT and SATs, the time to complete the tests have been shortened, but both previously separate math sections are now combined and a built-in calculator is always available.
Students and staff prepare for College Board changes
Alec Morse, Dispatch Reporter • February 22, 2024

Testing is a vital part of education and is used to show that you understand the subject. Test scores are also used by colleges to choose who they accept. Because of this, streamlining the testing process...

SOARING THROUGH THE SKY: A family enjoys their day out with their children at Cosmos Coffee. Even though Cosmic Coffee serves alcohol, this coffee shop is very family friendly for a perfect day.
Perfect Jitterbug Getaway at Cosmic Coffee
Fiona Padalino, Dispatch Reporter • February 21, 2024

Are you ever looking for that perfect shot of energy to help you throughout the day, but you just can’t find the right place? Well, I am here to help you quench that yearning for the perfect coffee drink....

Dawgs bounce back

After falling 0-2 in non-district play, the Bulldogs football team looked to rebound against Del Valle in their first district game of the year.
Ryan Zuniga
The Bulldogs dominated from start to finish as the defense continued to impress by shutting out the Cardinals.

The Lady ‘Dawgs followed up last week’s losses with a win against non-district opponent Hendrickson High School on Tuesday, September 5th. The ‘Dawgs started the game off with a close set win 25-23. 

However, the Hawks fought back, winning the next two sets 25-19 and 25-17. The Lady ‘Dawgs weren’t deterred by the dropped sets and rallied to win the fourth set 25-17. The Lady ‘Dawgs then went on to win the fifth and final set in a 15-11 win. 

Senior Maya Arrambide made sure the team’s morale was kept high after going down 2-1.

“We’re really big this year on mental reset,” Arrambide said. “Being more in the moment really helps us to push through to the end and come out with a win.”

The Lady ‘Dawgs improved to 19-9 overall before facing off at Del Valle on Friday, September 8th. 

The Lady ‘Dawgs finished off the week by sweeping Del Valle in three sets (25-23, 25-16, 25-13) to win their first district game and wrap up a successful week for the Lady ‘Dawgs. The Lady ‘Dawgs improve to 20-9 on the year, and look to continue the win streak next Tuesday, September 12th at home against the Johnson Jaguars.

The offense wasn’t far behind as junior quarterback Cruz Tello threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another as the Bulldogs won 33-0.

The star however was junior Kayson Mathabela, who scored his first touchdown of the year on a screen pass which he took 43 yards for a touchdown to put the Bulldogs up 19-0 just before half time.

“It felt great to score in front of my parents and friends, but I’m just glad I got to help the team out,” Mathabela said. “We really needed that win and it helped give us some intensity to bring into next week.”

The Bulldogs will look to improve to 2-2 overall and 2-0 in district play next Friday at home against the Anderson Trojans.