Mental health awareness should be prioritized in all schools
Sally Martinez, J1 Reporter • April 22, 2024

Mental health takes a toll on students all over the world. It disrupts how they learn and retain that information. So, why is it not a big deal when schools see an increase in lower grades and moody students?...

Dull to colorful with new murals
Ryan Zuniga, Dispatch Reporter • April 19, 2024

Along the heavily populated hallway is the second mural within the fine arts wing. Over spring break a local graffiti group, Color Cartel, led and established by artist Andrew Horner, created the...

The Dawgs sweep the Austin High Maroons

The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play.

Last week, the Dawgs swept the Austin High Maroons in both men’s and women’s soccer and basketball.

The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play. The Dawgs have Johnson next on their schedule. They play the Jags this Friday at Burger.

The Lady Dawgs had a big win against Austin. The Dawgs came back from a 1-0 deficit to score two straight goals to beat the Maroons 2-1.

“The win was a good momentum builder for the team,” senior Marley Cantu said. “I think it made our bond as a team stronger.

Dawgs Basketball has found its stride, and both teams are currently in playoff contention.

The men’s team has won three straight games by more than 15 points. The Dawgs have hit their stride at the right time.

The Lady Dawgs have been consistent throughout the year, with only one loss on the year in districts; the Dawgs are 2nd in district.

The Dawgs have had extremely good guard play this year with senior Micah Walton and junior Nyla Anderson. They host Johnson this Saturday at Bowie.