Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Mazzy Warren, Editor-in-Chief • April 25, 2024

WORKING HARD: Former Bowie quarterback Evan Mallett works on a strengthening exercise to increase mobility. Mallett has been in occupational therapy since the 2020 crash that left him quadriplegic.
New beginnings: Mallett’s story
Ben Tillisch, Executive Editor: Sports • April 24, 2024

In a singular moment, the trajectory of Evan Mallett’s life changed. Despite taking and bouncing back from countless hits on the gridiron as a Bowie quarterback, this collision would prove to be much...

The Dawgs sweep the Austin High Maroons

The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play.

Last week, the Dawgs swept the Austin High Maroons in both men’s and women’s soccer and basketball.

The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play. The Dawgs have Johnson next on their schedule. They play the Jags this Friday at Burger.

The Lady Dawgs had a big win against Austin. The Dawgs came back from a 1-0 deficit to score two straight goals to beat the Maroons 2-1.

“The win was a good momentum builder for the team,” senior Marley Cantu said. “I think it made our bond as a team stronger.

Dawgs Basketball has found its stride, and both teams are currently in playoff contention.

The men’s team has won three straight games by more than 15 points. The Dawgs have hit their stride at the right time.

The Lady Dawgs have been consistent throughout the year, with only one loss on the year in districts; the Dawgs are 2nd in district.

The Dawgs have had extremely good guard play this year with senior Micah Walton and junior Nyla Anderson. They host Johnson this Saturday at Bowie.