FAFSA delays cause missed chances
FAFSA delays cause missed chances
Madeleine Travis, Commentary Editor • June 9, 2024

Put yourself in a scenario where you’re applying for college and the thing that could make or break your acceptance just got delayed until December. All of your plans were to apply to college in October...

SHELVES STOCKED: The party section at Daiso Japanese retail store is stocked with numerous festive items. The store is located in Sunset Valley.
Daiso Japanese retail store location opened in Austin
Bentlee Toland, Review Editor • June 8, 2024

The bright lights shine on the customers filled with excitement after waiting in line to enter the new Daiso Japanese store at The Sunset Valley  5400 Brodie Ln Ste 990, Austin, TX 78745. It’s 10,000...

The Dawgs sweep the Austin High Maroons

Austin Ikard
TAKING POSSESSION: Senior Griffin Crawley scrambles for possession of the ball. Crawley scored the only goal this game ending in a 1-0 win.
The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play.

Last week, the Dawgs swept the Austin High Maroons in both men’s and women’s soccer and basketball.

The boy’s soccer team beat Austin High 1-0 and is currently undefeated in district play. The Dawgs have Johnson next on their schedule. They play the Jags this Friday at Burger.

The Lady Dawgs had a big win against Austin. The Dawgs came back from a 1-0 deficit to score two straight goals to beat the Maroons 2-1.

“The win was a good momentum builder for the team,” senior Marley Cantu said. “I think it made our bond as a team stronger.

Dawgs Basketball has found its stride, and both teams are currently in playoff contention.

The men’s team has won three straight games by more than 15 points. The Dawgs have hit their stride at the right time.

The Lady Dawgs have been consistent throughout the year, with only one loss on the year in districts; the Dawgs are 2nd in district.

The Dawgs have had extremely good guard play this year with senior Micah Walton and junior Nyla Anderson. They host Johnson this Saturday at Bowie.