Twins, Triplets, Oh My…preparing to leave each other

THROWING IT BACK: Together since birth Natalie and Julian Haddad prepare to go their separate ways in the coming year. Julian and Natalie recreate one of their favorite photos from when they were younger. PHOTO BY Top photo: courtesy of Haddad family. Bottom photo: Abby Ong

Madison Austin, Feature Editor

Going through school can be a hard but with a twin or even triplet by their side it can become easier. For a group of seniors this is their life for the past twelve years, but things are going to be changing next year.

Spending every day with someone and then leaving them can be hard, but these seniors are pushing through.

“It’s kind of indescribable. We are all really close as a whole, but we have different relationships with each other. We are together so much that we talk almost everyday,” senior Hope Pattison said.

Leaving home for most can be an exciting time but when two people have grown up together alongside each other it can be even more difficult.

“Personally, I’m pretty hesitant to split up with my brother, because we have done virtually everything together since birth,” senior Natalie Haddad said.

College is a time to branch out, and try new things and it is no different for the Pattison’s triplets.

“ I think it would be nice to go to the same college because it is such a big campus that we could be individuals or we could also meet up with each other,” senior Sydney Pattison said.

Taylor, Sydney and Hope have all applied to the same colleges, and hope to be able to attend the same school together.

“None of us have made a decision about college yet, and I’m interested to see how it all plays out,” Hope said.

Going to college means leaving parents and family behind, the Haddad’s parents have been through sending kids off to school before but this year when the twins leave there will be no one at home .

“ Well I feel like my parents are pretty used to sending kids off to college because Julian and I have two older siblings who have gone to college,” Haddad said. “It’s a little different with us though, because we’re their last kids in the house, so after us they’ll be alone. I feel like that hasn’t quite registered with them yet, it surely hasn’t with me”.

Growing up with a twin allows for there to be a special bond that is built between the two.

“With twins there is an unwritten communication though. I would find that Natalie and Julian would just look at each other and know something I didn’t,” the twins mother  Susan Haddad said.

Sibling relationships can be hard with just one, but when there are two or even three other people arguing for the same thing it can be just a little stressful.

“We all share clothes so there will be many arguments about who would take what items to college, it will be interesting to see what comes when we begin dividing things up between the three of us,” Taylor said.

With school and extracurriculars the Pattison sisters are finding it harder to spend time together but are finding ways to get that time together in.

“We are together so much that we talk almost everyday, but lately we’ve all been pretty busy with homework and extracurriculars that we don’t really have much time to like go out and do something,” Hope said.

Having a twin means always having someone to talk to and lean on.

“I learned that having a twin really gives you someone to talk to,” Julian Haddad said, “Whenever I’m going through something difficult I know I have someone I love deeply who is experiencing the same thing. I’m incredibly thankful that I have a twin.”