CROWED SPACES: Students pour into the fine arts hall every day, and every day they walk past the newly installed mural. The new focal point of the hallway and transforming the steal and cold corridor into a piece of artwork. “I am always trying to improve my style whether that is changing the alphabet I have on rotation for a fresher look,” Horner said. “Or perfecting a personalized palette are ways that I am to continue growing as an artist.”
Dull to colorful with new murals
Emerson Traugott, Executive Editor: News • April 26, 2024

Bristles brush against the wall as advanced art students place the finishing touches on the mural in the newly modernized fine arts building. A vibrate extension of artistic possibilities within the fine...

Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Hip Hop: Raps and Rhymes Changing Times
Mazzy Warren, Editor-in-Chief • April 25, 2024

Bowie basketball teams launch their season off right

Ryan Zuniga
TAKING IT DOWN COURT: Guard Max Filderman takes the ball down the court. The Dawgs took the win over the LBJ Jaguars during this game, 51-22.

Last week, Dawgs Hoops opened up district play by hosting Dripping Springs and traveling to Austin High for games this past week. The Dawgs went 1-1, losing to Drip at home 44-36, but came up big, winning 51-42 to Austin High.

The Dawgs went down by 7 at the end of the first half. The Dawgs responded with a 9-0 run to start the second half. The rally was led by senior Bennett Seiler, who finished the game with 12 points and six rebounds.

“The Austin High game was a hard-fought victory,” Seiler said. “The team knew that this was Austin High’s Super Bowl, and they would be prepared.”

The Dawgs have a tough upcoming schedule, with perennial powerhouses Westlake and Lake Travis on the list.

The Dawgs host Johnson this week on Friday. Johnson has been playing very well recently, beating Drip 61-52 last Friday and Anderson 78-55.

“If we make our shots, we can play with anyone in the state,” Seiler said. “We need the student section there on Friday.”

The Lady Dawgs have started the season on the right path. The Dawgs start off the season 10-4, coming off big wins against Austin High and Dripping Springs.

The Dawgs have been led by extremely great guard play from junior point guard Nyla Anderson and senior shooting guard Micah Walton.

“Our team has been great about finding the right shot,” Walton said. “85% of our shots are from assists, so it’s not just one person; we’re playing as a team.”

The Lady Dawgs start the season in 2nd place in the district, though it will be a challenge with a tough upcoming schedule starting with Johnson this Friday.

“Our team goal this year is winning our district,” Walton said. “We have a great team and a good chance to make it deep in the playoffs this year.”