In the new online PSAT and SATs, the time to complete the tests have been shortened, but both previously separate math sections are now combined and a built-in calculator is always available.
Students and staff prepare for College Board changes
Alec Morse, Dispatch Reporter • February 22, 2024

Testing is a vital part of education and is used to show that you understand the subject. Test scores are also used by colleges to choose who they accept. Because of this, streamlining the testing process...

SOARING THROUGH THE SKY: A family enjoys their day out with their children at Cosmos Coffee. Even though Cosmic Coffee serves alcohol, this coffee shop is very family friendly for a perfect day.
Perfect Jitterbug Getaway at Cosmic Coffee
Fiona Padalino, Dispatch Reporter • February 21, 2024

Are you ever looking for that perfect shot of energy to help you throughout the day, but you just can’t find the right place? Well, I am here to help you quench that yearning for the perfect coffee drink....

Bowie Basketball Defends Home Court With Tournament Victory

Gabby Bochey
Bowie hosted a varsity basketball tournament consisting of 8 teams from all around the state in several different divisions.

Beginning last Thursday, Bowie hosted a varsity basketball tournament consisting of 8 teams from all around the state in several different divisions.

The ‘Dawgs began the tournament with a convincing win over Lehman 56-28 Thursday afternoon, followed by a dominant 59-36 win over in-city rival Vandergrift. Junior Michael Lu is playing his first games on Varsity after being a starter on Junior Varsity last year.

“The wins early in the tournament really helped us build confidence and get us on the winner’s side of the bracket,” Lu said. “We bounced back really well after a tough loss just a few days before.”

On Friday, the ‘Dawgs continued their success with a win against LBJ 51-22 to etch a spot in the semifinal game against Manor. The defense for the ‘Dawgs proved vital as they took down Manor 63-46, giving them a spot against Carter in the Championship.

“We game planned really well for each team,” Lu said. “We played to our strengths and stayed patient when things didn’t go our way.” 

Carter, out of Dallas, Texas entered the game being ranked 8th in the state of Texas for 4a basketball. Both teams entered the championship game undefeated. The ‘Dawgs, however, prevailed once again. They led the whole game by shooting 82 percent from the free-throw line and forcing 7 steals.

“Winning the championship was super special,” Lu said. “We worked really hard for it and I’m glad we got it done.”