Preston Rolls

Preston Rolls, Photo Essay Editor

Hey I’m Preston, I’m a senior and this is my second year on staff. I am one of the two Photo Essay Editors for The Dispatch. My job is to take photos for the numerous stories that makeup the Print and Online addition of The Dispatch. I’m also in charge of my own page which is the Photo Essay, which means I need to be constantly taking photos for my story. Along with being a newspaper photographer, I am also the Photo Editor for the Yearbook so I’m excited to take on both roles this year. I hope to pursue Photography in college and grow my photography business to all areas of Austin. I also hope to see more of my photos, art and writing published in this years papers.

All content by Preston Rolls
Senior Goodbye: Preston Rolls

Senior Goodbye: Preston Rolls

Preston Rolls, Photo Essay Editor
May 17, 2019
Students share their viewpoint on climate change and their opinions about the changes that could be done to prevent the warming of our earth.

[Photo] Climate Change

Marisa Salazar, Double Truck Editor
April 29, 2019
Just after Stephen Achilles was announced Mr. Bulldog, Harrison Louis holds him close. “When they announced me as Mr. Bulldog I was filled with shock as my fellow contestants hoisted me up into the air in celebration. Being Mr. Bulldog is a huge honor and it means the world to me,” Achilles said. “All of the contestants put on a wonderful show and I’m trying honored to be the one to win it all. I am so thankful for everyone who helped me in my show. I share the victory with them and with everyone who came out to cheer me on.”

[Photo] Mr. Bulldog 2019

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
March 25, 2019
POSED WITH THE DYNAMOS: Seniors Grace Clark, Jamie Forst and Saylor Dement finish off the iconic song Dancing Queen as they take a stance at the front of the stage. Some of the main characters, such as Donna, who was played by Jamie Forst, had up to 10 cosQtume changes throughout the show. We have a dressing room where we keep all our costumes, but we only have one really quick change, Forst said. We have to put our big sparkly finale costumes on in less than a song and it takes both of my doubles to help me make that costume change.

Taking a chance on “Mamma Mia!”

Preston Rolls, Photo Essay Editor
February 28, 2019
Seun Odufuye walks down the center of the gym down to her seat alongside other members of the JBHS multicultural awareness club. The MCAC worked all year to promote unity.

[Photo] Bowie’s Black History Month 2019

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
March 1, 2019
Gigi

[Photo] Gigi Francis

September 5, 2018
Abby Ong

[Photo] Abby Ong

September 5, 2018
austyn keelty

[Photo] Austyn Keelty

August 31, 2018
Eric Larson (Left) and Kamryn Morales  (Right) perform Mamma Mia in their breathtaking gold costumes

[Photo] The glits and glamour of Mamma Mia

Shikha Patel, Dispatch Online Reporter
January 18, 2019
Pictured left to right 
Jadon Davis
Connor Russell
Brennan Zavaleta
Joel Bowman and seated
Sydney Reinhart are all underclassmen who have been casted in the Mamma Mia play.

[Photo] Underclassmen shine bright in Mamma Mia

Shruti Patel, Dispatch Online Reporter
January 18, 2019
CHEERING ON: Seniors Alexa Robinson and Taylor Bhuiyan cheer on Junior Hector Garcia as he bends back while playing limbo. The Bowie carnival consisted of many different games and activities which the students could participate in. “I thought the carnival was really fun time and a good way to relieve some stress,” Bhuiyan said. “It  brought Bowie students together despite our differences.”

[Photo] Bowie’s 30th Birthday

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
December 5, 2018

Bulldog Nation celebrates 30th birthday

Preston Rolls, Photo Essay Editor
November 7, 2018
FULL OF JOY: Math teacher Kelly Flickenger makes her way down the aisle of Bowie PALs students as she enters the secret PALs reveal party. The PALs lined up and waited for their teachers to come in so they could surprise them. “It’s one of the things that the PALs do which teachers truly appreciate,” Flickenger said. “I like this idea that Garcia does and it really let’s his kids get creative with different ways of thanking their teachers.”

One of the hardest secrets to keep

Preston Rolls, Photo Essay Editor
October 25, 2018
YOU SCREAM, I SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR A NO HATE CAMPUS: Senior Madison Horner cheers at the crowd of students on the Student Council oat during the pa- rade. Horner has been involved with the parade all three years. “With such a diverse community of students it is important to continue this tradition to celebrate our differences,” Horner said.

[Photo] The Dispatch: No Place for Hate

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
May 18, 2018
Load More Stories
$420
$500