Summer Softball Camp

Grace Youngblood, Staff Writer

The Bowie softball camp is a three day camp held from June 4 to June 7, and is hosted by Coach Liz Wissel.

“I expected to learn more about softball than I already do, and how the mental part of the game works,” Freshman Varsity softball player, Elena Moreno said.

The camp is a way for not only players to learn and develop, but for coaches to get introduced to incoming freshman students.

“It’s exciting to see who’s going to be apart of our program,” Coach Elizabeth Wissel said.

The goal of this camp is to help improve a players fundamentals and their knowledge of softball.

“My first goal of the camp is I want kids to have a good time, and take something away from the camp,” Wissel said.

The camp is intended to be a fun way for children to practice their softball skills. The wide age range is intended so all levels of softball players can enjoy themselves.

“This camp is a way to get out during the summer and have fun while practicing,” Moreno said.

The camp takes place in the middle of the summer, players can attend for either half the day, or the whole day.

“Other sports have their camps in the beginning of August, so it’s exciting to see the players who attend our camp,” Wissel said.

Coach Wissel speaks about how younger participants get to be apart of the camp, and how it is different than older girls experience.

“Some of them don’t know the rules or what to do, or when to run. And just them being in the field or wanting to run, you see all of that and you see one’s that are really excited to be on the field which is always great,” Wissel said.