In memory of Jackson Eng

Courtesy of Dignity Memorial

Jackson Eng passed away the morning of January 19, 2019 due to complications from a severe case of pancreatitis.

Rachel Baschnagel, Copy Editor

On January 19, 2019, Jackson Eng, a senior at Bowie, passed away due to complications from a severe case of pancreatitis. Jackson was born on January 6, 2001, and was 18 years old.

At school, Jackson played football and lacrosse, and was involved in graphic design and animation.

“He’s the kind of guy that I became a teacher for, because he cared,” animation teacher Andrew Nourse said. “He cared about himself; he cared about other people. Students really liked him because he had such a good personality- he had good work ethic and he just gave life his all, I think. He was the kind of guy that reached his potential, and it’s devastating. It’s kind of hard to find words, you know? He was amazing and I adored him.”

Jackson’s friend and classmate senior Chance James has known him since sixth grade, when they met at school. The two remained friends all throughout high school.

“I’m gonna miss him being there all the time, because he was always there for me to just talk to, vent to,” James said. “He was always there to listen.”

Another of Jackson’s friends, senior Esai Rojo, said that Jackson always made time for him, and expanded on why Jackson was a good friend.

“He was always willing to just take the time to sit down and help me out with stuff,” Rojo said. “I liked how he would always respect other people’s opinion and was never judgmental. And he was just a fun person to joke around with.”

Jackson is fondly remembered by his mother, Mary; father, Darryl; brother, Noah; grandmother, Pearl; and his aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Information about his funeral services can be found in his obituary here.