Volunteers at Baldwin Carnival

Katie Palecek, Reporter

Students are helping out the community this weekend at a fun-filled Carnival. Volunteering for concessions, booths, and games, they are helping out their community and friends at the school. Juniors Cyn’torreya Smith and Madison Garcia are both looking forward to the fair.

“We had a fair at Mills Elementary thought that was the best part of the year. It was where we could all come together and make everything better,” Garcia said.

The elementary memories that they made at their fairs have impacted them to help out at this carnival. The Carnival is at Baldwin Elementary school is this Saturday, September 29 from 4-8 pm. The volunteers can’t wait to make kids day better and more fun by serving their community.

“I want to help the environment and the kids because when I was in elementary school we didn’t have a carnival or anything that we could go out and do with family and friends,” Smith said.

The students volunteering are in the Ready Set Teach class with Mrs. Frazier and volunteer for more than just the carnival. They can also volunteer outside of class and just for fun.

“ I volunteer with my mom through my church and help with the kids in foster care and so I feel like volunteering anywhere with children can help me get my foot in the door for working with children because I want to be a nurse when I grow up,” Smith said.

Anyone can go to the carnival on Saturday, and it is to raise money for Baldwin elementary. There will be booths, games, concessions and some shows.