Staff Goodbyes: Madison Austin

Madison Austin, Feature Editor

I’ve struggled to write this for the past few weeks and I still am because I want to say and do the right thing, thank the people who have impacted my high school experience, share memories that I can’t get out of my head, and remember the good things. Senior year is finally coming to an end and it’s strange to be turning in the last of certain assignments and saying goodbye to teachers and friends.

One thing that I have learned throughout my high school years through being on staff is that my voice matters and so does my opinion. Newspaper has been a place for me to be myself and learn how and why it is crucial that I voice my thoughts in a constructive way that may insight change. In the years to come when I look back at high school and what I enjoyed about it, newspaper will be one of the things that I think of it has given me so many opportunities that I would have never had otherwise like going to Seattle and San Francisco or attending the football games on the field.

There are so many things coming to a close but also so many new and amazing doors opening that I’m beyond thrilled that I get to walk through like college, moving a away, new friends etc. Our lives are just beginning and now is the time to do crazy things and have fun.

There are many people who I would like to thank but sadly I don’t have enough words left to say it all so this next thank you is for everyone who has helped me along my high school journey, you have all impacted me in ways that I cannot start to explain in a way that would not make me cry but I want you all to know that you will always have a place in heart and thoughts as people who made me feel safe, strong and capable to do anything that I set my mind to.

Finally I would like to thank my table mates, Mia Barbosa,  Avy Friedman, and Violet Glenewinkel for helping me when I had no clue what I was doing which was most of the time, I will miss spending everyday with y’all, laughing about dumb things and driving Reeves mad and to those who are in the other class I’ll miss y’all as well. Oh and sneaking out for an early lunch. Not seeing all of you next year will be hard, but I know that we will all do great things.

There are so many things that are about to change and I look forward to seeing what the world has in store for all of the graduating class.