The TBH App

Ellie Coulston, Online Writer

The TBH app is a new app on your phone that has been sweeping the consumers off their feet. The app is a social media type platform in which you answer random questions about your other peers anonymously.

“I originally found out about the app through my friends because they were talking about, but I was also invited to the app which is sent by someone on the app who either wants you to come, or they just want more questions to answer,” sophomore Angela Cox said.

The TBH app (TBH meaning ‘To Be Honest’) is listed on the app store as only in a couple of states, but many of the people who don’t own the app don’t understand.

“The TBH app is listed as ‘only in a few states’ because the app is based off of your location. When you sign up for the app it tells you to pick your school and it locates other people who listed your same school. Once it locates them, it shares them on the app to give your more users to add on the app,” sophomore Julia Provenzi said.

While on the app you only get 12 questions to ask every hour. You can change this by either sending an invite to someone in your contacts who doesn’t have to app, or by using you gems.

“TBH gems are a digital prize, like rewards. All it is, is a number of “tbh’s” or questions that someone answered with answer with your name,” Cox said.

The questions are all positive and when answering you choose one out of four names as the answer.

“A couple of examples of questions on the TBH app is ‘Who has the best smile?’ or ‘Who makes you laugh the hardest?’”

There were some common worries for the app as well.

“The worst part about the app is that it could spiral downhill if the questions turned negative with would be giving insults to someone rather than compliments,” Provenzi said.

But, overall the results and outcome of the app was a success with a review of 4.5 on the app store.

“I think the best part of the app is that everything is that everything positive and anonymous. I would recommend this app to other students because it kind of builds your confidence and it puts a smile on your face when you read your TBH’s [compliments],” Cox said.