Students and staff fall into Autumn fashion around campus

Scarves, long coats, and patchwork make the season’s popular trends

Photo by Jasmine Correa

Wearing a warm scarf and pencil skirt, choir and guitar teacher Caitlin Gasco plays along with her guitar class. She dressed in a fall flannel and pencil skirt, trends of the season.

Samantha Knapp, News Editor

With warm weather coming to an end, students and teachers begin to wear warmer outfits and show off their fall style. Students also get to modify their style from the summer and make it better suited for the fall months.

“I really like scarves just because I think they add emphasis to the upper half of the body and frame the face where as many other pieces of clothes can’t,” sophomore Jimmy Counihan said.

Every student has something that they like in particular in the fall whether it’s boots, coats or black leggings.

“I really like long coats for this season because it makes you look taller and slimmer in addition I think it is a fun exaggerated look that is unified to the fall and winter look,” Counihan said.

Both boys and girls get to show off their style in unique ways and express their personality through the clothing choices they make in the fall and winter seasons.

“I have too many lengthy coats because they’re so cute,” junior Elizabeth Carreon said.

Other students get the chance to wear staple clothing items that they look forward to wearing every year.

“My staple fall clothes probably include army jackets or sweaters,” sophomore Eliza Lopez said.

Students often take on fashion inspiration from popular magazines like Vogue or Cosmopolitan, and then choose which trends they like enough to recreate and wear.

“I’ve heard that big coats, fur, pantsuits, and patchwork are really in this fall,” senior Angela Gustafson said. “They aren’t my style, but I think it looks amazing when someone is able to pull it off.”

A lot of times in the fall, students and teachers also change the colors of their wardrobe from the bright colors of summer to the darker colors of fall and winter.

“Well, with fall comes naturally cooler weathers so my go to fashion staple is the sweater, which I nearly am always wearing year round,” Counihan said. “I think the best colors for fall are warm colors like yellow, orange, and reds, especially burgundy just because it is really the last time to wear them until Valentine’s Day.”

Students also get to take a break from the sun dresses, shorts, and sandals of summer weather and revamp their wardrobe with much warmer clothes for a few months to accommodate for the cooler temperatures.

“I really like getting to wear boots instead of sandals in the fall,” Lopez said.

Students buy the clothes and accessories for the fall occasionally from thrift stores or, more commonly, stores like Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters that are really popular and keep up with the latest trends.

“I go shopping at Banana Republic, J-Crew and a couple other places on South Congress,” Counihan said.