In the new online PSAT and SATs, the time to complete the tests have been shortened, but both previously separate math sections are now combined and a built-in calculator is always available.
Students and staff prepare for College Board changes
Alec Morse, Dispatch Reporter • February 22, 2024

Testing is a vital part of education and is used to show that you understand the subject. Test scores are also used by colleges to choose who they accept. Because of this, streamlining the testing process...

SOARING THROUGH THE SKY: A family enjoys their day out with their children at Cosmos Coffee. Even though Cosmic Coffee serves alcohol, this coffee shop is very family friendly for a perfect day.
Perfect Jitterbug Getaway at Cosmic Coffee
Fiona Padalino, Dispatch Reporter • February 21, 2024

Are you ever looking for that perfect shot of energy to help you throughout the day, but you just can’t find the right place? Well, I am here to help you quench that yearning for the perfect coffee drink....

New clubs build new communities

Clubs are one of the best ways to connect with students who have similar interests as you, and have fun learning about them without the stress of grades or tests. However, some students might feel like there isn’t a club that suits them or their hobbies.

This year, many new clubs have been created by both students and teachers who wanted to bring their passions to life and share them with others. These clubs include the filmmakers club, assisted living club, miniature gaming club, costume club, and psychology club. (Quinn Wilkinson)

This year, many new clubs have been created by both students and teachers who wanted to bring their passions to life and share them with others. These clubs include the filmmakers club, assisted living club, miniature gaming club, costume club, and psychology club.

“This club was started by myself and Mr. Reeves, the journalism teacher.” miniature gaming club sponsor Charles Stampley said. “This is a hobby of ours, and it’s not very well known. We wanted to get the word out there that there’s just a bunch of games involving miniature soldiers, planes, and ships that you can play.”

Anyone with an idea for a club and a teacher willing to sponsor it can submit an application and start meeting after school. Seniors Sophia Chavez and Jadon Demetri founded the filmmakers club this year, and are working on their first short film.

“We pick a script, start casting, and then go through our props, lighting, sound, and costumes,” Demetri said. “We finally started filming, but when we can’t have everyone show up we just play games and have fun with it.”

Clubs can also be a great place to dig deeper into classes you take during the school day. AP Psychology teacher Kris Grandinetti-Johnson sponsors the newly reopened psychology club.

“The club is open to anybody, you don’t have to be in psychology, just be interested in it.” Grandinetti-Johnson said. “We’re going to cover different things about the mind and human behavior – like for Thanksgiving, we talked about being thankful and the neuroscience of gratitude.”

Whether you serve those in need, learn more about your favorite subject, or just have fun with your friends, a sense of community and acceptance is always present at club meetings.

“It’s such a joy to get to see all of these people get together and create a movie that you wouldn’t get to do on your own time,Demetri said. “Everyone’s just having a good time. You get to join people who have the same hobbies as you in a non-professional setting where you can just have fun.”