WORKING HARD: Former Bowie quarterback Evan Mallett works on a strengthening exercise to increase mobility. Mallett has been in occupational therapy since the 2020 crash that left him quadriplegic.
New beginnings: Mallett’s story
Ben Tillisch, Executive Editor: Sports • April 24, 2024

In a singular moment, the trajectory of Evan Mallett’s life changed. Despite taking and bouncing back from countless hits on the gridiron as a Bowie quarterback, this collision would prove to be much...

Billie Eilish releases last perfume in collection

Fiona Padalino
To round off the Eilish Collection, she just released the final bottle in a captivating dark apple red.

Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell, at the age of 13, had the inspiration to become a famous dancer. Now, though, her fame has come elsewhere. When her older brother Finneas asked her to sing in his song Ocean Eyes, she said yes, and they used that song to perform it for a dance at her dance studio with no intention of gaining popularity with that song. Now, she’s almost 22 and has seven Grammys, one Oscar, six MTV Video Music Awards, and more awards.

Along with her popularity and success, she launched a fragrance company in November of 2021, due to the fact that she has loved perfumes and smells since she was a kid. With that love, she put out her debut fragrance, called Eilish Eau de Parfum. This beautiful bottle is an amber bronze color and is inspired by her favorite parts of the body: the chest, neck, and collarbone. The perfume is made with an inviting amber gourmand, entrancing top notes of sugared petals, juicy mandarin, and red berries, and heart notes of soft spices, rich cocoa, and creamy vanilla. This scent is very warm and inviting, and if it were an action, it would be a hug. I would compare this scent to the feeling you get when you are next to a fire that illuminates a room with comforting orange lighting while you are surrounded by a huge, white, warm, cozy blanket with a hot drink, watching a comforting movie.

My normal day starts off with soccer practice in the morning, and I am a goalkeeper, so I usually get muddy. Then I get changed for the school day, and sometimes I don’t get a chance to fully shower, so I slap on deodorant and a spritz of Eilish and go on with my day. For me, scent is essential, and I can’t get through a full school day if I smell bad. However, EIlish lasts all day, and when I get home from school, I can still get wafts of that vanilla scent. It is not too strong, so if you are prone to headaches, you should be ok with this perfume. I personally love this scent, not just because I’m biased towards Billie Eilish, but because this perfume is genuinely such a good smell.

With her success on Eilish, which ended up winning Fragrance of the Year and Consumer’s Choice from the FiFi Awards, she released her second fragrance in the Eilish collection, Eilish No.2 Eau De Parfum. The bottle is chic, smoky gray, and, of course, is made with the iconic chest, neck, and collarbones. The scent is the polar opposite of Eilish. The scent is made with fresh Italian bergamot, apple blossom, delicious woody, earthy spices of black pepper, which contrast the wild poppy flower, and includes base notes of musky palo santo and ebony. This fragrance personally fits my style, and I enjoy the scents of musk. Unfortunately, since it has a more masculine smell, it doesn’t appeal to a general audience. This scent is wet, smokey, and encaptivating, and it gives off the vibes of nightlife in the city. It is a personal favorite for me.

To round off the Eilish Collection, she just released the final bottle in a captivating dark apple red. Furthermore, the bottle is shaped in that signature Eilish shape. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten to smell this perfume yet, due to how recently it has been released, but on her website, she introduces this aroma as pink peppercorn, fir needle, velvety amber, grapefruit, jasmine, saffron, creamy cedar, and earthy oakmoss. Eilish mentions that her inspiration for the third release is due to the fact that she is evolving and that it is sensual and modern. She has an amazing gift called synesthesia, which links more than one sense to another. So, she can color-coordinate a certain smell with a color. I imagine a more wintery, festive feel to this perfume due to the more woodsy smell.

Overall, the price range of her perfumes ranges from $26 to $72, offering an affordable way to smell good all day. This differs from her competition because name-brand and high-quality perfumes can reach upwards of $400 for one bottle. With Eilish, you can get that cute packaging, name-brand feel, and high-quality fragrance for an affordable cost. Not only is the perfume cheap, but it is easily accessible to the public. First, when she releases a new fragrance, it is located on her website. However, she is partnered with Ulta, so you can, as of right now, go to any Ulta and find Eilish and Eilish No. 2 in store, yet Eilish No. 3 is an online order only. Many students and faculty have the resources to go online to buy, so it avoids the need to drive anywhere, making it easy for students without a license or car to order. Although, if you wanted to make the drive, Ulta is on average a 9–10 minute drive to Circle C and Shady Hollow residents.

In a sense, her era’s of music and evolution as a person reflect the release of each perfume in the Eilish collection. Her first perfume, Eilish, is reflective of her Happier than Ever Era, where she wore mainly neutral colors and had blonde hair. Her second perfume, Eilish No. 2, is reflective of her growth during the tour, both emotionally and physically. Along with experimenting with her style, she wore more colors and derived away from the cliche Billie style, as well as having black hair. Finally, her last release, Eilish No. 3, shows the most contrast between her 16-year-old self and her soon-to-be 22-year-old self; however, it almost comes full circle with her dying her hair red roots and black tips just like her green roots and black tips. Eilish No. 3 is the last perfume in her collection; however, she hints at having more collections to come. I would definitely recommend this series of perfumes due to the longevity, price, availability, and scent profile that Billie offers.