PALS have fun with Fantasy Football

Ashley Ramirez, Staff Writer

Football season is here. Whether you’re rooting for the New England Patriots or Seattle Seahawks, everyone is excited.

Here on campus, PALS has decided to take the initiative and join the annual football craze by having the PAL students create a fantasy football team, and Alejandro Garcia, the faculty member in charge of PALS, is also joining in on the seasonal event.

Many people participate in this event, but there are many that don’t know what is.

“Fantasy football is a online sport where you follow a whole bunch of different players over the course of the NFL season and they earn points for your team…..then you play against someone else,” Garcia said.

Many of the Pal Students really enjoy playing and competing against one another, even Garcia got in on the action.

“Two or three years ago,a Pal wanted to start it so I said sure set it all up, and we did it and it was fun so it kinda become a tradition,” Garcia said.

The process to create a fantasy football team is effortless and it is very easy to start one.

“You have someone to set it up, emails everybody then you have to set up a time to draft… you can draft your own players or have it auto draft.” Garcia said.

The PALS students that are participating are competing against each other.

“We all compete against each other every single week, so it leads to a lot trash talk and fun banter,” Garcia said.

There are many people that think fantasy football or football in general is just for guys but in fact there are many girls participating.

“Katherine Jones, she’s a Silver Star and has a really good team,” Garcia said.