Senior Goodbye: Izzy Rejino

Izzy Rejino, Online Editor-in-Chief

Transitioning from a small private school with a class of 20 people to Bowie was definitely a change. I was forced to make all new friends and branch out like I had never done before. I remember asking myself throughout the first month of school if I made the right choice, and I, to this day, am forever grateful I came to Bowie. 

Although my past few years at Bowie have had their ups and downs, I have met amazing people and made memories I will carry on forever. I will forever miss the bus rides to Kiker for RST, staying late at night in the yearbook room, the football games, the Starbucks studying trips, and so much more. All the different organizations I have been a part of have shaped me into who I am today, and I wouldn’t change a thing.

To Reeves and Shirack – Thank you for being the best mentors over the past four years. Balancing both organizations was a challenge at times, but it was by far my favorite part in high school. I have wanted to give up, but you guys pushed me to make great publications, and it was all worth it. I couldn’t imagine the two organizations without you guys directing them. 

To Natalie – I’m so thankful to have had you by my side throughout my newspaper experience. You are by far one of the most talented people I have ever met, and I thank you for always pushing me to be my best. I owe you a huge thank you for constantly teaching me new things and always believing in me. I’m so thankful that for my last year we were able to make sports videos and spend the games together, as they are always going to be some of my favorite memories from high school. Your passion you have for the things you do inspires me, and I know I am leaving everything in good hands. I can’t wait to watch the website grow more next year, and I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes out for your name in filming and directing movies in the future. 

To Coach Thompson, Ms. Wiedmeyer, and Mrs. Langdon – Of course I have to shout out my three favorite teachers. You three deserve all the credit and love, and you are all prime examples of who I want to be when I am older. Thank you for all the countless laughs and memories, and I will forever be grateful to have had you guys as my teachers. 

To My Mom and Dad – Thank you for everything, and I hope you know your kind actions and commitment to everything I do does not go unnoticed. I’m so thankful to have had you guys to come home to after long days, and your guidance is the main reason for all my success. As I move out of state, I am going to miss you dearly next year, so expect lots of annoying phone calls and texts. 

To Emma, Jada, and Karina – Cedar Creek and you guys will always hold a special place in my heart. You guys were always a safe space for me, and I love you all more than you will ever know. Thank you for always listening to my rants, sending me vlogs, and being my best friends. I can’t wait to watch you guys grow as we go to college, and please come visit me. 

Next year, I will be moving to South Carolina to attend Clemson University. Although I’m filled with excitement, I’m also filled with uncertainty over what my future holds. I don’t know exactly what I want to do, as it honestly switches on the daily. Videography, education, marketing, honestly the most random topics sound interesting to me. But I do know college will be a new adventure that I will thrive in, and I can’t wait to see where I go.