Track season recap

Nick Wood

GETTING WARM: Junior Tommy Morales practices long distance running for cross country.

Amilia Velez, Staff Writer

As the Bowie track season comes to a close, the team reflects on a positive and successful season. With several meets, athletes in many different events experienced triumphs.

“I would say this track season has been really great,” girls track coach Lora Tilson said. “We have lots of new runners on our team and combined with them and the returning runners, we have had a lot of success.”

The Bowie track team has been pushing limits to earn impressive results. Athletes participating in events from hurdles to the 400 are improving as the season progresses.

“The thing that motivates me to do track is the fact that it pushes me to my breaking point more than any other sport,” sophomore Miya Kutac said. “I’m constantly pushing myself to my limit to beat my competition and to better my times.

With the season being shorter than previous years, returners are having to adapt to the change and maintain positive attitudes.

“The track season is going well,” sophomore Will Gum said. “Friendly competition with my friends motivates me to do my very best.”