The Bulldog Breakdown 11/16: custodian appreciation cards and girls basketball game

Cade Spencer, Editor-in-Chief

“The Bulldog Breakdown” is a weekly news brief column that serves as an announcement board for upcoming events and opportunities in the Bowie community. On Mondays, “The Bulldog Breakdown” is published as a preview of the week’s planned activities. On Fridays, “The Bulldog Breakdown” is published again with information about student awards and accomplishments throughout the respective week. 

COMMUNITY

Monday, Nov. 9: Student Council Can Drive

The Student Council is now accepting donations for their Bowie Food Drive. The collection program will end on Friday, Nov. 20, and all donations can be submitted into a box located in the main office between the hours of 8:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. 

Monday, Nov. 9: National Honor Society Charity Drives

As of Monday, Nov. 9, the National Honor Society (NHS) officially began their two campus collection drives for charity. One of the drives requests food items for local food banks while the other requests winter clothing in good condition. The collection bins are located near the school entrance and will remain open until Friday, Nov. 20. 

Custodian Appreciation Cards

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Spanish Honor Society is collecting notes of gratitude for the Bowie custodians. Hand-crafted cards can be submitted in a bin in the school entryway until Friday, Nov. 20. 

Thanksgiving Break

Friday, Nov. 20 will be the last day of classes before Thanksgiving Break. Classes will resume on Monday, Nov. 30. 

SPORTS

Monday, Nov. 16: District Boys Basketball Game

The Bowie boys basketball team will face off against the San Antonio Cornerstone basketball team. The games are scheduled to last from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 17: Girls Basketball Game

The Bowie girls Basketball team will face off against the Cedar Park basketball team at an away game. The game is scheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m. 

Wednesday, Nov. 18: Girls Soccer Team Tryouts Informational Meeting

All female-identifying students interested in trying out for the Bowie girls soccer team should sign up, via the FIT portal on the AISD Cloud, for Coach Hoffman-Howell’s informational team meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 18. 

Thursday, Nov. 19: District Football Game

The Bowie football team will face off against the San Marcos football team at a home game. The game will be held in Burger Stadium and is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. 

Friday, Nov. 20: District Boys Basketball Game

The Bowie boys basketball team will face off against the Lockhart basketball team. The games are scheduled to last from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. 

Saturday, Nov. 21: Girls Basketball Game

The Bowie girls basketball team will face off against the Pflugerville basketball team at a home game. The game is scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m.