Week 6 College Football Preview

Game of the week: Miami vs Clemson

Riley Payne

Game of the week: Miami vs Clemson

Riley Payne, Sports Writer

(11 AM CT ON FOX)

#22 Texas (2-1) Vs Oklahoma (1-2)

The twenty-second ranked Texas Longhorns clash in the Red River Shootout versus their rival the Oklahoma Sooners. The nation’s top-scoring offense heads into this game coming off of a 2 point loss vs TCU. Texas QB Sam Ehlinger leads the nation with 13 passing touchdowns and looks to add some more this weekend. While the Sooners just lost back to back games for the first time since 1999. Redshirt Freshman quarterback Spencer Rattler has made lots of mistakes late for OU can he turn that around this week? There is a lot less on the line this year other than the golden hat. This is still one of the best rivalries in College Football, expect a lot of scoring and a lot of late hits and brawls.

Score Prediction: Texas:45 OU:37

(2:30 PM CT ON CBS)

#14 Tennessee (2-0) at #3 Georgia (2-0) 

Tennessee is back, the Volunteers haven’t lost a game in over 355 days. Tennessee’s senior quarterback Jarret Guarantano has a bit of advantage compared to Georgia’s quarterback Stetson Bennett, who wasn’t supposed to see the field at all of this year. Georgia’s run defense is no doubt the best in the country. If the Vols can’t get the run game going, it’ll be a lot harder to score on this stout defense. This should be a closer game than most people would expect, and a low scoring game.

Score Prediction: Georgia:24 Tennessee:16

Game of the week

(6:30 PM CT ABC)

#7 Miami (3-0) at #1 Clemson (3-0)

The stars align on Saturday night football when Heisman contenders Miami’s D’eriq King and Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence look to lead their team with playoff hopes on the line. With transfer quarterback D’eriq King running Miami’s offense looks like a lot more explosive on the ground and will open up big plays in the air against this Clemson defense. Miami’s defense isn’t convincing enough to stop the Heisman front runner and an elite running back Travis Etienne. This game is gonna reveal a lot about both teams and give us an idea of where both programs are going. There’s not a lot of things to support Miami winning this game but don’t count out king and the Canes

Score Prediction: Clemson:45 Miami: 27