Your favorite seasonal drinks, back for the holidays

Junior Elizabeth Farewell sips from a fun mug, enjoying a seasonal holiday favorite. Many students enjoy seasonal drinks such as pumpkin spice lattees, peppermint mochas and eggnog lattees.

As senior Melissa Huyn prepares for school in the wintertime and heads out the door she goes down her daily checklist. Hair. Check. Jacket. Check. Scarf. Check. Books Check. Starbucks?
This winter holiday, water bottles leave student’s hands as mittens and coffee cups take their place.
“Winter is when I prefer hot drinks because I need something to keep me warm, other than that year-round I usually prefer cold drinks,” Huyn said.
With a pair of Starbucks located a mile away, student’s are more tempted to make the irresistible stop on the way to school during the winter to catch all of the Starbucks seasonal menu items.
“During the winter holiday I love the pumpkin spice latte but after fall I go for the salted caramel mocha if I need some coffee or the salted caramel hot chocolate if I don’t want coffee,” Huyn said.
Starbucks offers caramel brulee lattes, peppermint mochas, gingerbread lattes and the eggnog lattes on their winter menu.
“My favorite drink during the winter from Starbucks is the gingerbread latte because it’s a nice taste of coffee and sweetness. I also love gingerbread,” senior Elizabeth Fisher said.
Although many crave Starbucks all year long, one unfamiliar winter spot for the holidays is a diamond in the rough.
Mozart’s coffee house located on Lake Austin Blvd is a must stop according to senior Alexa Boone.
“Mozart’s is definitely my favorite coffee shop in the winter because it’s in such an amazing location with a beautiful view of a lake plus they have Christmas lights and a light show set up which adds to the whole Christmas vibe,” Boone said.
Every year for the holidays, Mozart’s sets up lights and music as a festivity for Christmas.
People love to gather and enjoy the Christmas light show while warming up here with a drink.
“I recently went to Mozart’s to check out their light show and it was absolutely delightful. It makes me cheerful and excited for the holidays,” Huyn said.