The campus cools down, the winter styles heat up

Seniors Victoria Saenz, Christian Haddad, and junior Karla Boone enjoy time outdoors. They sported winter gear and listened to Haddad’s jokes.

It’s that time of year to break out the sweaters, jackets, and boots. During the colder winter months, staying warm is an important aspect when getting dressed.

“Well when wearing clothes in the summer, it’s obviously the bare minimum since you don’t want to wear a lot because you’ll be super hot,” senior Victoria Saenz said. “I definitely think it’s easier to dress during the winter because you can layer a lot of stuff.”

Both girls and guys feel it necessary to combine pieces when the temperature drops.
“I wear a lot of quarter-zips, cardigans, and sweaters. It’s all about layering,” senior Christian Haddad said.

One of the perks of winter fashion is the ability to alter your other seasonal clothing for the chilly weather instead of having to purchase a whole new wardrobe.

“You can have your summer clothes and then just put a scarf over it or a sweater and another jacket,” Saenz said.
Though it doesn’t stay cold for very long in Texas, students still take advantage of the low temperatures with shopping sprees for the best winter fads.

Certain brands, although sometimes pricey, continue to hold some of the season’s most popular must-haves.
“During winter I notice that people buy a lot of Steve Madden boots because they’re comfy and really cute,” sophomore Karla Boone said.

Some students are dropping the tailored look for the baggy and snuggly ways to keep warm.

“Oversize sweaters are a clothing piece that goes with anything. It’s basically a sweater you can stay warm in, and still look like a million bucks,” Boone said.

The holiday season gives some students an excuse to sport more dressy clothing.

“If you dress like you just came from a semi-formal party, you’re doing it right,” Haddad said.
Other than wearing special holiday outfits, it’s easy to still look classy the rest of winter.

“When I think of winter fashion I immediately think of leggings, long cardigans, sweaters, and boots. It all goes together very neatly and nicely and it just looks very fashionable and professional.” Boone said.

Ideally during finals week, many Bowie students pull of their Northfaces and come to school wearing dressed comfortable to help with focus on their tests.

No matter what style you choose, bundle up cause baby its cold outside.