Annual Cabaret show

EMOTIONS%3A+The+show+captured+the+story+between+two+friends%2C+A+and+B.+Senior+Erica+Larson+and+Anika+Scoma+participated+in+the+cabaret+show+to+help+tell+the+story.+

Tiffany Ard

EMOTIONS: The show captured the story between two friends, A and B. Senior Erica Larson and Anika Scoma participated in the cabaret show to help tell the story.

To hear from some of the students involved in this years cabaret click here for the podcast!

The sound of music echoed throughout the theatre, the students danced and the audience was charmed as the choir performed the Cabaret Show. The Cabaret show is a student-directed, show that occurred this past weekend.

I hope people enjoy the show and acknowledge all the hard work that these amazing cast members and assistant directors have put in

— senior Anika Scoma

The director of the show is chosen by the senior director of the previous school year. This year the selected director of the show is Anika Scoma.

“The senior director gets to pick a storyline for the show, and this year I picked the storyline that goes through a person named A and her best friend B,” director Anika Scoma said. “The show is called I was here.”

The plot itself surrounds a girl named A, a character that Scoma hopes will be a relatable character to the audience.

“The show starts with the first day of Kindergarten, the day that A and B first meet,” Scoma said. “Act Two begins on A’s first day of High School.”

Scoma wishes the hard work by the directors and cast resonates with the audience.

“I hope people enjoy the show and acknowledge all the hard work that these amazing cast members and assistant directors have put in,” Scoma said.

DROP THE MIC: At the cabaret show this weekend, students from the choir displayed the show that they have been working on for weeks. Photo by Tiffany Ard.

As the show has come to an end, choir members recall the memories that made the Cabaret show so special and amazing to them.

“My favorite part of the show is watching the amazing students in the cast perform and work,” Scoma said. “They bring me so much joy and they just make me so proud because a lot of them are freshman.”

The shows this year was an experience for many students, but it also serves as an opportunity for bigger things in the future.

“This show has been a dream,” Scoma said. “I have dreamed about being cabaret director since my first rehearsals for it freshman year.”