Senior Goodbye: Madisen Johnson

Madisen Johnson, Feature Editor

As I’m writing this there is less than ten days until I take my last finals for high school, this feels unreal and most of the time I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that I will never have to go through the motions of secondary school again. Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to move on and experience the world but this is all I have known for the past thirteen years, so moving away is terrifying. Next year I will be at Texas Tech and I truly can’t wait for what is to come and all of the things I get to learn and experience, I am glad I finally made it.

I remember wishing that high school would go faster and I always wanted to just be done and get out of here, but now that it is close, I wish that it would slow down.  No matter what happens in the next years I will never forget these last years and all they’ve taught me.

High school for me has had a lot of ups and downs, and looking back it has all gone by way to quickly. I really feel like last year I was getting dropped off at school on the first day and walking around with a fish necklace on, scared of any seniors. And now things have come full circle, and I am one of those seniors, which is still scary to me how fast these past four years have gone.  

I have made so many friends over the last four years and have learned so much that continue to help me. I can’t describe the appreciation I have for all of the people in my life who constantly make everything better. There’s been so many good and bad things that have happened in the past four years that I am so thankful for. These years have changed me and made me who I am now, and I can’t wait to see what the next four years have in store.

Bowie not only gave me some of my best friends but also the teachers who have greatly impacted me and my time here. Mrs. Hebert, you will always be my most influential teacher, thank you for all of the coffee and the candy and being there whenever anyone needed to talk. You are so kind and caring and impacted the way I see the world, thank you for everything that you do. Mrs. Keyes, having you for the last two years I have learned so much, you are a wonderful teacher and I will miss talking to you and Amanda about everything that is going on.

To my mom and dad, thank you for your never ending love and support. I have no idea what I would do without you. I know I will be in the same state next year, but being six hours away from you I’m sure will be difficult. Y’all have helped me have so many life experiences and have taught me so much, so thank you so much for that.  

Being on newspaper for the last two years and taking yearbook before that, has made me even more interested in journalism and what goes into producing papers and yearbooks. I hope to continue to grow my love for writing in college and beyond that.  

Thank you to everyone who has made me who I am and continually makes me better, you know who you are. I can’t wait to see where we all go and what we will do.