Driving into The Automotive Enthusiasts of Bowie club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo by: Joe Morales

Photo by: Joe Morales

Photo by: Joe Morales

Nick Roberts, J1 Reporter

An automotive enthusiast is a person who is interested in cars, whether it’s racing, mechanics, or driving.  The automotive enthusiasts club of Bowie was started so that students could talk about cars and learn more about cars from their peers.

The automotive enthusiasts club was started by student Dartanium Babcock. He started it so that people who like cars can have a place to meet and discuss their interests.  

“I founded this club because I think that there [are] a lot of car automotive enthusiasts at Bowie,” Dartanium Babcock said. “I have talked to a lot of people who have an interest in cars and trucks and engines and that kind of thing, but there wasn’t any unity.”

The club is a great place to learn about cars. Students can share information that they know and learn things about cars that they did not know from other students.

“I have a firm belief that one of the best ways to learn about something you are passionate about is to learn from other people that are passionate about that too,” student Dartanium Babcock said. “I want to create a place where different people with different interests can come together and share the knowledge they have In an abundant with each other.”

The club meets every Thursday and on Wednesdays during late starts from 8:25 to 8:50 before school. A normal meeting consists of about ten students. During the meeting, they talk about various aspects of cars.

“It is intended to be a group where people can talk and discuss cars and driving, and racing events,” teacher Christopher Redmond said. “A student will talk about how they got into cars and driving, and why they are a fan of vehicles in general.”

The club is sponsored by teacher Christopher Redmond. He was asked to sponsor it by student Dartanium Babcock.

“I was just asked to sponsor this club by Dartanium, but little did he know that I’m also a car enthusiast,” teacher Christopher Redmond said.

The club has many benefits, such as meeting other students with a common interest and learning more about cars.

“This offers a neat place for students to bond over a common interest,” teacher Christopher Redmond said. “So these are students who are talking about cars, and making friends with cars on the topic.”