Varsity Football Game 9/28

Bethany Hanson, Reporter

The Bowie varsity football team lost against Hays, 35-28, last Friday, September 28 at Burger Stadium. The team was right behind Hays the whole game, always catching up with their scores. At the end of the last quarter, Bowie had 1 minute and 30 seconds to make a touchdown in order for the game to go into overtime. The time ran out just seconds before the final pass was complete, which would’ve gotten the Bulldawgs their touchdown.  

“We should’ve won the game. We just didn’t execute the way we should have,” sophomore member of the varsity football team Evan Mallett said.

Although Bowie didn’t win this game, the coaches are looking on the bright side and seem to be very proud of the team.

“[The boys] never gave up and gave it their all. They believed in each other… Being down didn’t affect their morale, it strengthened it, they fought back hard,” Coach Allen said.

Others at the game were also very supportive and losing didn’t stop anyone from having fun.

The last time we scored was my favorite part because everyone was super excited to see the dawgs catch up,” sophomore varsity cheerleader Chloe Francois said.

The prepared members in sports medicine were there to help any player at any time which made the game go even better.

“There were not as many injuries compared to games in the past and they all went pretty smoothly because we had a good amount of trainers on the field as well,” freshman member of sports medicine Amy Morse said.

The Bowie Outdoor Performing Ensemble performed their halftime show and always kept the people in the stands hyped up and energized.

The marching show during halftime is a great opportunity for us to practice performing and a way for us to support all the different aspects of our school,” junior drum major Sara Brown said.

Eighth-grade band students from Small, Gorzycki, and Bailey also had the opportunity to play in the stands with Bowie’s marching band members.I definitely feel like the band handled having the middle schoolers playing along with us a lot better than in years past,” Brown said.