Bulldogs and Hot Dogs

Ellie Coulston, Staff Writer

Bulldogs and Hot dogs is an annual event held at Bowie High School to raise money for the Bowie clubs, electives, and sports. They serve food, clothes and a good time from 6 to 9. The Bulldogs and Hot dogs was cancelled to weeks ago due to poor weather and moved to this past weekend, September 9.

“I didn’t go last year because I was camping with my family, but I went this year and I had a ton of fun hanging out with friends and walking around to each booth and buying food,” sophomore Jenni Cootes said.  

Bulldogs and Hotdogs is open to everyone who would like to come and serves as not only food, but an enjoyable time for anyone.

“I had so much fun just walking around and seeing all the booth, but I’m not gonna lie, I only went for the T-Shirts. But even then I still enjoyed my time there,” sophomore Riley Hughes said.

This event happens every year and will continue next year for more fun.

“There is such a fun environment and really good people watching. I missed last year’s Bulldogs and Hot dogs, but I certainly don’t plan on missing next year’s,” Cootes said.

Not only is it fun to go to this event but it is also fun to work it.

“I am a Bowie cheerleader and I love helping out with these types of events. I got to help with the bean bag toss, but also got to perform in the pep-rally. I was sort of nervous to perform but all around it was really exciting,” sophomore Bowie cheerleader Jacy Lim said.

Photo by Ellie Coulston