Vibes for Vohl comes back

Fuaad Ajaz, News Editor

The annual Head for a Cure 5k takes place at Camp Mabry on, Saturday, April 2, at 8 am This race is very special for AP environmental science teacher Nikki Vohl, who was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2014.

Vohl has been participating in the race ever since she was diagnosed.

“The 5k is something I like doing because it’s a time where family and friends all hang out and we all enjoy walking together,” Vohl said. “The weather is always nice around that time of the year and we always have a big group of family, friends, faculty, and students who take part in the race and help raise awareness with my team which is named, “Vibes for Vohl,” .”

One of Vohl’s best friends and AP biology teacher Jessica Davis has been running in the 5k since the team started.

“I’ve been Mrs.Vohl’s friend for so many years that I can’t even count and when she was diagnosed I was the substitute teacher that took place for her when she was gone,” Davis said. “Ever since we started,

“Vibes for Vohl,” which has been three years I have gone to the race to raise awareness for brain cancer.”

In the past two years, “Vibes for Vohl,” has won the awards for largest team and second largest team in the 5k.

“Hopefully this year we win again so everyone knows about the team,” Vohl said.

Vohl got approved for a second round of radiation on January 4 and is out until the middle of February. With help from teachers Vohl continues to raise awareness for brain cancer with, “Vibes for Vohl.”