Week 10 college football preview

Shikha Patel

Clemson vs. Notre Dame

Riley Payne, Sports Reporter

(2:30 PM CT ON CBS)

#8 Florida (3-1) at  #5 Georgia (4-1)

Saturday afternoons renewal of the Florida-Georgia rivalry game has a lot bigger of an impact then it has in recent years. The winner of this game tomorrow will be in control of their own destiny and will hold the lead in the east division. This will eventually lead to a match up with Alabama in the conference championship game. Anyways both teams come into this game ranked in the top 10 with lots of time left to make a run at the playoffs. Georgia has been playing great defense all year, but their offense just can’t seem to get things going. Stetson Bennett is the current quarterback for the dogs, but might not be for much longer. Georgia’s offense couldn’t get things going versus Alabama and last week barely scored 14 on Kentucky. Florida is almost the exact opposite of Georgia, they have the nation’s best tight end in Kyle Pitts and a rising star Kyle Trask. The gators defense has let pretty much anyone do anything on them, whether its running or deep passes they haven’t had many answers for opposing offenses. The keys to this game will be can Georgia’s offense keep them in this game. Georgia will have no problem limiting Florida’s offense but how long can they do it for until the gators wear down their defense. The offense has to sustain drives and capitalize any turnovers if not this may be another long day for the bulldogs.

(6:30 PM CT ON NBC)

#1 Clemson (7-0)  at  #4 Notre Dame (6-0)

Saturday night a top 4 match up that won’t feature the best player in college football Clemson’s Trevor Lawerence. Heisman favorite, 1st pick in the draft projected, and former champion has recently contracted the Coronavirus and will miss the game. This will completely change the way this game will be played. Notre Dame seems to have the team they feel is ready to go all the way this year, every week improvement has occurred and there’s no reason to think they can’t play any better. Clemson who has looked the most dominated through this point isn’t at full strength but don’t expect any less effort and dominance. Clemson’s defense has had their way recently versus Notre Dame’s offense, if that continues into Saturday night’s game Clemson will be set up in place to win. DJ Uiagalelei is the back up, he is a five star freshman who played pretty well last week versus Boston College. If he doesn’t make any rookie mistakes he can ride the defense to win this game. If Notre Dame put themselves down early this won’t go their way but if they can establish a run game and wear down the Clemson d-line they will have a chance to make a statement victory at home.

Photo cities

https://theathletic.com/2182308/2020/11/06/clemson-quarterback-d-j-uiagalelei-trevor-lawrence-notre-dame/

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/11/1/21543907/notre-dame-football-it-wasnt-sexy-but-irish-dominates-another-opponent-georgia-tech-clemson-nd-acc