The future of TikTok

Shruti Patel

TikTok is supposed to be banned as early as November 12th but Oracle, a computer technology corporation, is working to partner with the popular app in order for it to stay on all app stores.

Callie Payne, Entertainment Editor

Dancing trends, humorous pranks, and millions of different videos fill the screens of students’ phones.

President Trump has recently announced that he will be banning the famous app, TikTok, from America due to his belief that there are security concerns. This has shocked many people and has caused panic for some students at Bowie.

“Personally I don’t think Tiktok will be banned, it’s very popular right now,” junior Reese Gutshall said. “I think the talk of it being banned is to sell it to a U.S. company for higher security.”

TikTok is known for being a popular platform for teenagers to post dancing videos but students believe it also benefits them in many ways.

“I always go on it when I am bored,” Gutshall said. “It is fun to have something that helps me unwind at night time. Sometimes I use it to take a break from school during the day to get on to laugh and relate to other people’s content.”

“I feel as if the banning of Tiktok in the U.S. is really unnecessary,” senior Jada Scott said. “There are a plethora of other things that the government should be more concerned about rather than banning a social media app. I think TikTok partnering with oracle would solve some of the government’s concerns with the app, however the values of users and content on the app wouldn’t change, which still might trigger some government of