Girl Scout Cookie Season has Begun: Here is Everything You Need to Know

Cade Spencer

Girl Scout Ambassador Jade Bach poses with a box of Thin Mints, the organization’s most popular cookie. Bach is excited to use her profits to fund exciting adventures with her troop.

Cade Spencer, Managing Editor

The mouthwatering and addictive taste of the Thin Mints is an unparalleled experience. As the highly-anticipated Girl Scout cookie season begins, students are urgent to get their share of the classic treats.

As of Jan. 15, the Girl Scout cookie season has officially begun and will continue until Feb. 23. 

“My favorite part of selling is the hype the rest of the students give me honestly,” Girl Scout Ambassador Elizabeth Cluchey said. “I walk in [to school] and people instantly recognize my white and blue striped box that I’ve been using since freshman year.”

A box of traditional cookies costs four dollars while gluten free options cost five dollars per box. 

“I like the experience of selling something and acting like a professional,” Girl Scout Ambassador Jade Bach said. “[Selling Girl Scout cookies] brings joy to a lot of people which makes me feel happy.”

Although the inventory of gluten free options varies between individual sellers, the two gluten free cookies are Toffee-tastic and Caramel Chocolate Chip.
“Selling Girl Scout cookies gives me an opportunity to meet new people and raise money for my troop,” Bach said. “We’ve used the money [from sales] to buy supplies for community projects and to become CPR certified.”