Defeat at the homecoming game

Last+month%2C+Bowie+High+School+Celebrated+hoco+with+their+annual+homecoming+game+at+Burger+Stadium.+The+Bulldogs+football+team+was+4-3+going+into+Fridays+game+vs+Austin+high+on+a+two-game+win+streak.+Art+by+Bethany+Hanson.+

Last month, Bowie High School Celebrated hoco with their annual homecoming game at Burger Stadium. The Bulldogs football team was 4-3 going into Friday’s game vs Austin high on a two-game win streak. Art by Bethany Hanson.

Olivia White, J1 Reporter

From October 21-25 2019 Bowie High School Celebrated during hoco with their annual homecoming game at Burger Stadium. The Bulldogs football team was 4-3 going into Friday’s game vs Austin high on a two-game win streak.

Varsity Kicker Josh Mccormick coming into the game had some opinions on how this game will go

“Homecoming is always a big game,” Mccormick said. “ We’ve dominated this team over the last decade, other than injury there is no reason this game should be close.”

Mccormick Speaks on coming in on a two-game win streak.

“The 2 game win streak didn’t feel as we won both ,“ Mccormick said. “As a team we know we left a lot of points out on the field, but we know we can get better”.

Following the 26-24 loss vs. Austin, sophomore defensive tackle Kyle Kmudson had some words to share about the loss.

“A loss is a loss,” Knduson said. “But we can learn from mistakes that we made last friday night and make sure we fix those to prevent future losses.”

Knudosn explains what Bowie can still accomplish this season.

“We still control our own destiny,” Knudson said. We have to win one of our last 2 games against Leighman or Westlake and we will end up in the playoffs.
Student Council Sponsor Kaylin Brett tells explains how the student council is involved in the homecoming game

“Student Council is responsible for the halftime show for the homecoming game specifically the crowning of the king and queen,” Brett said. “Student Council gave the senior class 1 week to nominate one senior girl and one senior boy for homecoming king and queen”. “That ballot was given to the senior class, and the results of the vote are announced at the homecoming game during halftime.”

Brett feels the loss on Friday night wouldn’t ruin all the fun of homecoming week

“The loss was definitely hard to handle, but no matter what we stand behind our bulldawgs,” Brett said. “Of course we want our team to win, but we are still able to find the fun when things do not go our way.”