Senior Goodbye: Mikayla Zellner

Mikayla Zellner, Entertainment Editor

I entered Bowie High School as an overwhelmed yet wildly excited freshman. High school is one of the most romanticized stepping stones that I didn’t feel quite ready to embark. The size of the school and the number of student stressed me out so much that at first I regretted turning down my acceptance to Saint Michaels private school, but that all changed when I found some of the best people I have ever met. The remarkable friends that I have made over the years and the strongly influential teachers I had the privilege of having are what turned my anxious feelings to pure excitement. I am the kind of person who has always lived following my own compass and always looking at the silver lining of underwhelming situations and I think this school has truly brought out that side in me even more. Looking back over my time in high school, I take away so many important life lessons. I’ve learned not to let the little things get under my skin and just go with the flow of life.

Throughout my time at Bowie, I have been a part of Newspaper, Ready Set Teach, Yearbook, and Class Officers. These organizations have all shaped me into the person I have become. Through these classes I have learned how to be an effective leader and not to be afraid to voice my own ideas. I would like to thank all of the students and teachers involved in these incredible organizations; you guys truly were the heart and soul of my high school years.

I am so grateful for the incredible experience I have had these past four years. These past four years have shaped who I am as an individual and who I will be in the future. I am a bit anxious knowing that these coming months will be filled with tears, both of joy and sadness. Moving on and growing up is a scary concept, but I know when I start at University of Arkansas I’m going to be feeling more confident and prepared than the freshman I once was.