Board game club

Sumin Kim

The board game club, held in the JBHS library twice a week, features all sorts of board games! Students can come in for a calm and entertaining time.

Natalie Munoz, J1 Reporter

Bowie High School offers a wide variety of clubs that are for people who possibly do not do sports or find an interest in something else. Clubs can help students get more involved in the school and make them interested in new and different things so they have something to do. The clubs also allow students to be more social and have a place to go if they need it.

“A ninth grade boy came to me asking to sponsor his board game club and I agreed because I wanted his club to have a good time in the library since it is a nice calm place,” Librarian Tara Walker-Leon said.                                            

The club was for the kids to have fun and do something together even when they are competing against each other.

“My friends and I thought lunch was boring since it was way longer than the lunch in middle school, so we realized we could make a club to be able to do something during lunch other than just sit around bored,” president Kody Cobion said.

The club was formed by freshmen who wanted something to do in a good way. The thing was what type of club to create that was fun.

“My friend and I created a board game club because we figured it would be fun to play games but it is helping us use our brains in a skillful way to think about what moves we are going to do so that we have a good result of winning the game at the end,” Cobion said.

Clubs are helpful for future endeavors and how people view a person. During lunch, students play on their phones but are not in the club.

“We decided to start a club instead of just bring games because it can help for college and look good on college resumes.” Cobion said.