Back to Article
Back to Article

Vandalism at Bowie Update

Caught from footage from a security camera at the main entrance, these images show the clearest view of the vandal who broke many windows on the Bowie campus. The video shows them throwing several rocks at the front doors, which are just out of view.  If you know this person call ATX Crime Stoppers at (512)472-8477.

Caught from footage from a security camera at the main entrance, these images show the clearest view of the vandal who broke many windows on the Bowie campus. The video shows them throwing several rocks at the front doors, which are just out of view. If you know this person call ATX Crime Stoppers at (512)472-8477.

Photo by: AISD Police

Photo by: AISD Police

Photo by: AISD Police

Vandalism at Bowie Update

On the morning of December 13th, an estimated 75 to 100 or more windows were broken out of classrooms, offices, entry and exit doors to the fine arts and athletic halls as well as academic buildings by an unidentified vandal. Since that time new information has come in about the event, and work has continued to help the campus.

The most dangerous thing about the broken glass has been the amount of asbestos released. Clean up is on-track, and broken glass is being properly disposed of off-site. Until the glass can be replaced permanently, plexiglass is being installed and protected with plywood.

Some areas of the school are currently taped off because monitors have been set up to take in air quality readings in order to determine if that area of the campus is safe.

The Bowie PTSA has set up a donation page, under the title #BowieStrong, to support Bowie as the effects continue. Work will continue through the weekend. School will continue with a C-day on Monday, and finals on a new schedule.

To read more about the vandalism at Bowie, read this news article from the Dispatch.

The Dispatch • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in