The Dangers of Electronic Cigarettes

Art by Shruti Patel

Shikha Patel, Dispatch Online Reporter

The intake of nicotine has become a daily routine for many high school students. The usage of e-cigarettes is becoming an upward trend in this generation.

Electronic cigarettes are devices that store electricity to heat a liquid into vapors, the mixture inhaled contain liquid nicotine, and a active element of marijuana.

Electronic cigarettes have become daily use for students all around the world, we need to stop falling in to peer pressure and stand up for ourselves.

While e-cigarettes are said to be safer than cigarettes there is little evidence of that, E-cigs are filled with a variety of chemicals and are not regulated by the FDA.

JUUL, a device used by teens is the popular e-cig that looks very similar to a flash drive, making it very easy for students to sneak in places.

Bowie’s goal is to make parents aware and consider speaking with their children about the topic. It should to be a conversation parents are already having with their kids.

Per AISD policy, e-cigarettes, vaping devices and other accessories are not permitted on Bowie’s campus, and students will receive consequences if they are found in possession.

Vapes are clearly not helping our health, it contains nicotine and has very little evidence of it being safe, lets come together to spread the work, we stand for healthy teens.