PSAT is right around the corner

Shruti Patel, Dispatch Online Reporter

Students sweat as they anticipate the PSAT day and their chance to win as a scholar merit. Austin ISD Pays for every tenth and eleventh-grade students to take the College Board Practice SAT (PSAT).

The PSAT will be examined at the Bowie campus on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, form an estimated 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. On Wednesday, students are encouraged to bring their graphing calculator to the PSAT site for the math section of the exam.

In a letter to Bulldog Nation, it was addressed that it is vital that each student gives it their best effort so they are in the running for scholarships and are on-track in their SAT preparations.

While the sophomores and juniors are busy taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 10, the freshman will be participating in activities that are planned to empower them as high school students. Freshman will hear from motivational speaker Kacy Benson, complete an online Growth Mindset module, engage in team building societies, and attend sessions regarding mental health.

Seniors will be partaking in a number of activities on October 10th, whilst sophomores and juniors are testing. Detailed information about the senior activities can be found on the JBHS website.

Bowie Bulldogs, please ensure that you are available for the activities that are occurring on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, and please be sure to know where you will be heading on this date by checking the names listed in front of the library. Flier with this information can be found here.