Bowie seniors come out on top at the TETA competition

Julia Cabrera

Senior Emma Thomas presents her portfolio on puppet designs and creations at the Texas Educational Theatre Association Designfest Competition, her amazing work resulted in her to place in one of the three of the top five winning positions.

Shruti Patel, Dispatch Online Reporter

Three Bowie theatre technicians give it their best at the Texas Educational Theatre Association Designfest Competition by showcasing their educational theatre portfolios, and due to their hard work and determination, they won three of the top five winners at the competition.

Bowie high school senior technicians Julia Cabrera, Emma Thomas, and Joe Morales won individual awards at the Texas Educational Theatre Association Designfest Competition at the state convention this week.

Designfest is a design competition and showcase for students which allows competitors to bring recognition to the study of theatrical design and stage management.

Designfest is an opportunity for professionals to convey their ideas about design, stage management, and theatre technology.

The competition allows participants to showcase their design work to over 1500 theatre artists from all over the nation and allows student participants to compete for cash awards and receive offers from many colleges. More information about the Designfest can be found on their website,  https://sites.google.com/site/tetatheatrefest/

Bowie is proud of our senior technicians who won three of the top five winning positions in the Designfest Competition with the help from Cortney Hall and Colton Perry in aiding them to set up their portfolios. Dawgs, please be sure to congratulate them on their accomplishments this week.