Bowie Girls Lacrosse upset St Andrews in a 19-11 win

Michael Sugrue, Online Staff Writer

On wednesday night the girls lacrosse team for Bowie played St. Andrews. In a close and competitive game, the dogs came out on top with a final score of 19-11.  The girls played exceptionally well on offense with their top scorer,  Senior Kelsea Bird with 9 of their 19 goals alone. Others like Sophomores, Peyton Barry,and Sydney Heim combined for eight goals and Luisa Quintnchia and Clara Provenzi each with one. This is the team’s first win of their season so far and Kelsea Bird told us how,

“This was the first game that we worked as a team and came together to get the win,” Bird said. Sophomore Emily Parkan says their bond on and off the field helps them during the game.

“We are a team not just on the field, but all the time. We have team dinners every week where we really build a bond,” Parkan said.

Sophomore Sydney Heim told us that even with the win, the team still has work to do to get better.

“We could really improve our ground ball game which will give us more time of possession and more opportunities to score and win,” Heim said.

Overall the team wants to build off of the win and apply it to the rest of the season. “We will definitely improve throughout the season and hopefully add some more wins on our record,” Parkan said.

The girls have their next game on Saturday March 3 @Vandergrift.