Bowie Summer Cheer Camp

Donovan Eerkes-McCarthy, Staff Writer

The school year is almost over, and you know what that means, Summer Camps! What are you going to do with your summer? Well if you’ve got your sights on being a Bowie cheerleader then you should definitely sign up for the Bowie Summer Cheer Camp for some tips and instruction from current Coaches and cheerleaders.

The camp teaches children in the range of age four all the way to middle school. The camp will be taught by Bowie Cheer coaches along with instruction from current cheerleaders. Everyone is welcome to come get better and get a head start on becoming a bowie cheerleader.

At Bowie cheer camp you will be taught cheers, tumbling, dances along with arts and crafts. At the end of the camp there will be a recital to showcase what the children have learned.

The camp will be held at Gorzycki middle school. The camp has previously been held at Bowie, but due to construction for safety reasons the camp will have to be moved to Gorzycki Middle School.

The camp will be held July 16 through the 19 and holds many different times to accommodate to the students schedule. The camp goes all day from 8 a.m to 5 p.m, if these times are too long the camp holds shorter versions. The shorter times are mornings only only which goes from 8 a.m to 12 p.m, or evenings only which goes 1 p.m to 5 p.m.

The camp has many benefits. For those of you who are looking to be future Bowie Cheerleaders this camp can help you get a head start on learning cheers or the types of tumbles that they will perform. Along with the cheering instruction the kids will have fun making arts and crafts.

The camp will be mostly taught by current Bowie cheerleaders, along with overview of Bowie cheer coaches.

The Bowie Cheer Camp is a great place to improve skill and get in front of the coaches for the upcoming Cheer season, so make sure you sign up before July 3 for the early bird discount.

If you are interested in attending the camp go to yapsody.com, click on “find events” and type “Bowie High School Summer Cheer Camp 2018” to register and pay today.