Austyn Keelty

Austyn Keelty, Photo Essay Editor

Wazzurp. My name is Austyn and I’m a senior this year. I’ve been in Newspaper for about 2 years now and it’s a fun time. I love both photography and writing, so I’ve done a bit of both for the paper but I am currently a Photo Essay editor and LOVE IT. Being a Photo Essay editor gives me so much creative freedom and allows me to be in charge of my own page. I also run track because it’s pretty lit and a good time. I also like fried pickles and plantain chips. If you haven’t had them then I highly suggest you go get some (Alamo Drafthouse has the best fried pickles). My future aspirations consist of living in New York and LA, and majoring in Communications or Public Relations and minoring in Environmental Science. I’d say my current mood for this year is Britney Spears 2007 cuz I feel like that was a really good year for her. Hope you enjoy my work! Yay!

All content by Austyn Keelty
Senior Goodbye: Austyn Keelty

Senior Goodbye: Austyn Keelty

Austyn Keelty, Photo Essay Editor
May 17, 2019
LEARNING THE ROPES: As junior Tristan Hanson stands behind the host stand at the Westin, he learns the basics from his fellow employee. Working at the different stations throughout the hotels has given students an opportunity to consider all professions under the Hospitality field. “I’ve learned how to greet guests, how to seat them at tables, how to confirm reservations, and how to talk to people on the phone,” Hanson said.

Students intern at new hotels downtown

Austyn Keelty, Photo Essay Editor
October 3, 2018
Pictured is freshman Leif Tilton.

Moving along through music

Austyn Keelty, Photo Editor
March 24, 2018
GETTING TECHNICAL: Senior Fen Hendon spins and cleans up a new piece with a sponge. Constantly creating new pieces to sell and advertise on his instagram account, Hendon tries to find as much free time as possible whether it’s during off-periods, before school, or after school “I hope I can have a future selling my art and that’s kind of what I’m going for. I made an Instagram for myself but mainly people just come up to me and ask for custom stuff, so I thought I might as well try,” Hendon said.

[Photo] Best of The Dispatch (March)

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
March 31, 2018
JUST A TRIM: After molding his clay, senior Fen Hendon uses a wooden knife to trim his new piece of pottery. After this, he will let the clay dry for 24 hours and then load it into the kiln for another 24 hours. ”I kind of just throw it on here and then decide what I want to make in that moment when it’s right in front of me. I never really have a goal until I start making it,” Hendon said.

[Photo] Best of The Dispatch (February)

Mo Orr, Online Editor-In-Chief
March 1, 2018
PRECISION AND PERFECTION: Senior Martin Cervantes uses a sharp tool to make the floor of his gingerbread house look precise. The Night of the Living Gingerbread is the theme for his group. We were inspired by an ad of a gingerbread running away from a scone, Cervantes said.

[Photo] Best of The Dispatch (December)

Mo Orr, Online Team Lead
January 1, 2018

[Photo] Gingerbread houses galore

Cara Andres, Photo Essay Editor
December 31, 2017

Privileged athletes claim lockers

Austyn Keelty, Photo Editor
October 21, 2017

High schoolers can fall in love

Austyn Keelty, Staff Writer
February 14, 2017

Homecoming Proposals

Austyn Keelty, Assistant News Editors
January 13, 2017

Girls Volleyball Team Focused On Their Goal

Austyn Keelty, Assistant News Editors
October 25, 2016

Enduring the Race

Austyn Keelty, Assistant News Editor
October 3, 2016
Load More Stories
$225
$750