Alicia Molina – senior goodbye

Alicia Molina, Staff Writer

As my time at Bowie comes to a close, I look back at all of the things I have done and all of the amazing teachers I have met here. I participated in the art program for two years, tech theatre, animation and graphic design but the one program that has touched me the most has to be newspaper. When I was filling out my choice sheet  for my sophomore year I saw journalism for the first time, I didn’t know what it was so I decided to give it a try, I had no idea what I was getting into. I guess I was pretty good at what I was doing, so I decided to move onto newspaper. I have been in the program now for two years and those were the best years of my high school experience. I have done a little bit of everything from taking photographs, to making art but what I was best at was writing stories. I started out by writing for our online paper and transitioned to being on the print edition. This helped me come out of my comfort zone because I am very introverted and this made me unafraid to speak to anyone and I am much more confident when I speak. I am very glad to be surrounded by such talented journalism students, they helped bring out my creative side. All of my teachers here have been wonderful and it’s going to be hard knowing that I won’t see them in the hallway every day. I made so many friends and was also able to keep in touch with a lot of my middle school friends here. I am sad to leave Bowie, but I am glad that I have four years of great memories. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff that have helped me along my years in high school and have helped paved the way for my future. I am excited, anxious, nervous and ready for what is to come, and with the help of everyone here I am also well prepared for my adventures ahead.